How To Avoid A Hernia
It is likely that if you are prone to develop a hernia, there is little you can do. However, you may be able to limit the risk or delay the onset of a hernia by avoiding some of the predisposing factors.
1. Lifting heavy objects – avoid or use correct techniques
2. Constipation and straining – take a diet higher in fluids and fibre
3. Straining to pass urine – consult your General Practitioner
4. Persistent coughing – avoid smoking
5. Being overweight – try to maintain a healthy weight